Read the original article source of this excerpt.
Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence (ACE!) on 5/6/2022
The Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence (ACE!) conducted a symposium on April 29 and May 6 on “Charting a Course Toward Social Justice in Corrections.”
Drs. Faye Taxman and Danielle Rudes of ACE! hosted the symposium and speakers included George Mason University President Dr. Gregory Washington, Glenn Tapia of the Colorado Judicial Branch and the Alliance for Criminal Justice Innovation, Dr. Erin Orrick from Sam Houston State University.
- Keynote: Social Justice in Higher Education
- Academic Panel: Advancing Scholarship and Practice with an Eye on Social Justice
Facilitated by Danielle Rudes, ACE!
- Lived Experiences Panel: Navigating Justice Spaces and Identifying Opportunities for Change Facilitated by Ben Mackey, ACE!
- Spotlight Session: Social Justice and Social Media Facilitated by Jessica Hulsey, Addiction Policy Forum
- Spotlight Session: Miscarriages of Justice and Exonerations Facilitated by Lindsay Smith, ACE!
- Practitioners Panel: Leading in an Era of Social Progress Facilitated by Faye S. Taxman, ACE!
- Feature: National Academies Report: The Limits of Recidivism: Measuring Success after Prison Facilitated by Teneshia Thurman, ACE!
- Spotlight Session: Restrictive Housing Units (RHUs) Facilitated by CJ Appleton, ACE!
- Spotlight Session: Correctional Management Institute of Texas (CMIT) Reflections Facilitated by Amy Murphy, ACE!
Each module has a link to the recording on YouTube.