Read the original article source of this excerpt.
POPAI on 07/17/2022 by Troy Hatfield
Greetings POPAI Membership:
According to the POPAI Bylaws, Article XII AMENDMENTS
These bylaws may be altered, amended or repealed by the membership if a quorum is present at any regular or special meeting. Written notice of any proposed alteration to the bylaws shall be submitted to the President of the Executive Board at least forty-five (45) days prior to the annual business or special meeting after approval by a majority vote of the Executive Board. Written notice of the Board approved proposed alteration to the bylaws shall be submitted to the membership by the President at least thirty (30) days prior to the annual business or special meeting for action at the annual meeting.
The POPAI Executive Board approved proposed changes on April 13, 2022 and submitted the changes to the POPAI President. The President of the Executive Board is now submitting the proposed bylaw changes to the Association membership. The membership will be asked to vote on these bylaw revisions at the POPAI annual meeting September 8, 2022 in French Lick, Indiana. The Board recommends that each member read all the proposed changes to the bylaws which can be found on the Association’s website prior to voting.
Summary of the major changes:
- Prohibits an active Executive Board member from contracting with the Association.
- Creates two new At-Large Board Members, which will expand the voting members of the POPAI Executive Board to 16 and redefines a quorum to 8 members as a result. These two positions will initially be appointments to the Board with one seat to be elected in odd-numbered years and one seat to be elected in even-numbered years.
- Clarifies that an Executive Board member may run for a different office while holding a position on the Board.
- Decreases the number of consecutive meetings a Board member may miss to two before that member may be dismissed from the Board.
- Increases the number of required meetings of the Executive Board to six per calendar year.
- Ends the voting period for elections at one hour before the annual business meeting.
- Changes the timeline for bylaw amendments to begin 60 days prior to the annual business meeting and provides a minimum 30 day comment period before final revisions are presented to the Association.
POPAI members may submit feedback regarding these proposed bylaw changes to their District Reps or any member of the POPAI Board.