Read the original article source of this excerpt.
The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention on June 2023
June is Internet Safety Month. The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) joins our partners in raising awareness about Internet safety and providing resources to keep kids safe online.
OJJDP continues to bring a focus to the crime of sextortion. Sextortion is an online crime that exploits youth through coercion or blackmail to acquire sexual content, engage in sex, or obtain money.
The page continues with links on topics such as
- New Resources for Victims
- OJJDP’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force Program
- Partnering with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- NCMEC Launches ‘Take It Down’ Tool
- Protect Our Youth Online: A Virtual Event to Start the Conversation