Employees can use EAPs to get free sessions for mental health/substance abuse counseling and referrals for other needs. Inquire at your County to find out the services already available to you, and read through the SAMHSA resource “Provide Workplace Support”. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page for related resource links.

Local drug-free workplace coalitions or other community-based groups may be able to provide assistance. Contact your state or county office for alcohol and drug misuse services and ask if these resources are available in your area. You can also use SAMHSA’s Drug-Free Workplace Helpline, 1-800-WORKPLACE (967-5752), as a resource.