on 9/1/2021 by Anthony Williams
On behalf of POPAI, we are so glad that you are joining us this week for the 2021 POPAI Fall Conference. We are expecting one of our largest conferences to date. While we are excited that we are able to join together, we also want to ensure that we are doing everything possible within our realms to keep you safe! Below are some important things to consider as you attend the conference next week as it relates to COVID-19.
As you are already aware, we asked you to indicate your session preferences ahead of time to ensure that we were placing our most popular sessions in the largest rooms possible. Around 60% of our attendees have selected sessions for the conference. At this time, the conference application, Whova, has been updated with room assignments.
We are working with the French Lick Resort to ensure as much social distancing as possible. We ask that you be mindful of others space while attending the conference.
The French Lick Resort is requiring all staff to wear masks. At this time, fully vaccinated guests are not required to wear masks, with the exception of casino table games, where masks are required.
However, given our large attendance numbers, POPAI is strongly encouraging all conference attendees to wear a mask regardless of their vaccination status. All attendees will be provided with a mask at registration. However, you are more than welcome to wear any masks you want. We know many of us have our “favorite” masks after the past year and half.
French Lick Resort Wristband Requirement
Wristbands are required at all times to access the entire property. Daily wristbands will be given at the Front Desk or from the Event Center Station on the upper level of the Event Center. For those not staying at the hotel it is recommended that you park in the parking garage on the east side of the facility near the casino.
Please keep in mind the guidelines are fluid and subject to change at any time depending on rules from the State of Indiana, Orange County, and the French Lick Resort. Thus, we ask you be prepared to for changes to COVID-19 protocols at any time.
COVID-19 Protocols of the French Lick Resort
Below are some other important COVID-19 protocols currently in place by the French Lick Resort.
- For the comfort and safety of all our guests, the resort is open to overnight hotel guests, casino guests and golf guests only.
- Wristbands are required for guests in all hotels and resort venues.
- Some resort venues and amenities may be operating with limited availability.
- Valet parking is available again at all resort hotels, and bell staff will be available to assist you. Bell staff will sanitizes carts after each use.
- The check-in process has been streamlined to avoid contact.
- Daily housekeeping services and nightly turn-down service has been suspended.
- All linen is laundered on property using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items and dried completely.
- All resort restaurants are open but may have limited hours, capacity limits or menus. Please see the dining page for current information.
- Restaurants have single-use menus. High-touch items are cleaned and disinfected between guests.
- All food service associates are provided with personal protective gear. All personal hygiene requirements are being reinforced, with special attention to hand hygiene.
- The main entrance to French Lick Casino is open!
- Masks are required for all guests at table games, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hundreds of your favorite slot machines are available, and they continue to open up more slots on the casino floor.
- Table games are available from 10am to 2am Sunday-Thursday.
- The entire casino is now non-smoking. Guests who wish to smoke can do so at the outdoor smoking patio located at the back of the former smoking lounge.
- The ventilation system has been optimized to circulate the flow of fresh air, and air filters are changed at an enhanced frequency.
- The resort is disinfecting golf carts after every use, including the steering wheels and bag strap fasteners.
- The Spa at French Lick is open from 10am-3pm Wednesday, and 10am-5pm Thursday through Sunday.
- The Spa at West Baden is temporarily closed.
- Services at the Spa at French Lick are by appointment. They are offering a limited selection of services, including manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and baths.
- Guests must be 18 years of age or older to reserve an appointment at the spa.
- Treatment areas and equipment are cleaned and disinfected after each service.
- To allow for social distancing, shuttles are limited to 15 guests at a time.
- Hand sanitizer is available by the shuttle door when boarding and deboarding.
- The interior of the shuttle is cleaned every hour.
- The shuttle is running 24 hours a day, with stops every 15-30 minutes.