Read the original article source of this excerpt.
Updates will include:
- Minutes/Materials from Indiana Statewide EBDM Policy Team.
- Minutes/Materials from six (6) statewide EBDM Work Groups. Groups meet monthly to work on specific areas of EBDM.
Indiana EBDM Work Groups:
(1) Pretrial – Chairs: Judge Surbeck (Allen County) and Larry Landis (Public Defender Council).
Concentration: SAMPLE Pretrial Program documents, policies, procedures.
(2) Professional Development – Chairs: Jane Seigel (IOCS) and Julie Lanham (DOC)
Concentration: Training for EBDM and Pretrial projects.
(3) Data – Chairs: Dave Murtaugh (ICJI) and Lisa Thompson (Court Technology)
Concentration: Collecting and analyzing data for EBDM, Pretrial projects, and Justice Reinvestment Advisory Council (JRAC)
(4) Mental Health – Chair: George Brenner (LCSW)
Concentration: Working toward more mental health (includes addiction) treatment services for EBDM, Pretrial projects, and JRAC.
(5) Risk Reduction Strategies – Chairs: Dan Miller (Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council) and Mary Kay Hudson (IOCS)
Concentration: How to include EBDM into plea negotiations and sentencing.
(6) Behavioral Responses – Chair: Chris Cunningham (IACCAC)
Concentration: Sanctions/responses for pretrial misbehavior, use of incentives for pretrial, bail guidelines.
If you are logged in, you can go to the Indiana Evidence Based Decision Making Initiative and Pretrial Pilot Project Forum now.
Problems? If you get “file not found” errors with some of these links, you probably are not logged in. Contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a user account.