Read the original article source of this excerpt.
The NACo High Performance Leadership Academy is an innovative, completely online 12-week program created to equip frontline county government professionals with practical leadership skills to deliver results for counties and communities.
Typical Week – Program is 100% Online
First Part of the Week: 2 hours of self-paced activities such as watching video vignettes, reading articles, reviewing case studies, engaged in online discussions (short activities 4-15 minutes on average)
Thursdays: 30–60-minute breakout group (8-10 people) conference call for group learning. The breakout group members schedule these themselves. These are interactive discussions reviewing key takeaways of the week – these sessions are great for networking among peers in other counties. If you miss it, there is a group discussion board where comments are posted.
Friday Mornings: 60-minute Friday webinar to review key takeaways with a cohort consisting of 5-6 breakout groups. We schedule these the same time every Friday. These are recorded and posted online for those who have conflicts.
NACo offers $850 scholarships to the counties in your state that brings the price from $2,495 to $1,645 per participant.
Qualifies for multiple organizations – 45 SHRM credits, HRCI, IAAO, ICMA, and others
Comments from Graduates:
- This program has expanded my view of what it means to be a successful leader. It has also helped me to step up my introspection as it relates to my performance and dare to ask others for feedback about areas for improvement and growth. (Probation Supervisor)
- This program has not only helped strengthen my leadership skills but has greatly improved my confidence as a leader. (Deputy Director of Probation)
- The most valuable aspect to me was the discussion with our small group. I gained the most from our weekly meetings and hearing their different perspectives from the course material which increased my learning experience. (Assistant Chief Probation Officer)
- The weekly group discussions were most valuable. Having the ability to openly discuss my view (being vulnerable) while learning from others was a benefit. The collective relationship building was worth every minute.(Probation Director)
- This course provided validation, redirection, reminders and strong practical applications and tools. (Juvenile Assessment Center Director)